09 July 2010

Almost half-way through and a fail

My sixth class started today. I can't believe I'm almost half-way through with this program. I'm not sure how I'm going to like this class, but we'll see. There is blogging involved, which we haven't had in a course since the first one, so we'll see.

Not much sewing going on this week besides some gift items. I tried my first oven mitt (based on a tutorial from The Idea Room) which ended in a tremendous fail. I'm hoping to redeem myself with a different design. The circle threw me for a loop and it was super thick with the 2 layers of insulated batting and another layer of batting on top of that. In addition, the bias tape I bought was too small. Going to take that back and get some that is larger and then try a square mitt/hot pad. Hopefully I'll have better success the second time around.

No comments: