24 July 2010

Fabric buckets

Just finished getting everything in order. Things are looking a lot cleaner and nicer in this room.

I just completed the last of the three buckets from a tutorial at The Mother Huddle. Let's just say they weren't as easy as I thought they'd be. I think my main problem is the interfacing I used was too thick. First bucket ended up nice but left my sewing machine with a broken needle. Hey, at least I got to learn how to change the needle on my machine. :) I changed my strategy for the others. I was originally just going to make 2, but after the catastrophe with the first one I decided to take the other two pieces and make 2 more buckets with the lining interface-free. Again, another headache. All in all, I love the way they turned out (plus I got to put my extra curtain rod to use, it's been sitting in a closet for the past year). I definitely learned some things but I'd do them again with my new knowledge ;)

buckets01

buckets02

I already had the metal gutter covers on the wall. I had seen the idea in DIY magazine last year and put them up as soon as I could. I love them, since they are metal magnets stick. On the other wall, I had a pegboard my dad and I made last year and then I painted to match the bottom of the wall. I love green!

buckets03

I decided to do some rearranging while I was at it today. Much better system now and I have gained a lot of space in my shelving on the other side of the room from bringing a lot of the stuff to the pegboard. Here's a closer look at my new arrangement.

buckets04

The white containers holding pens, highlighters, and my sharpies are from IKEA. The metal container above them holding the ribbon is also from IKEA. The other metal container I have had for years sitting on my desk. Makes a good basket for the pegboard. The shelves at the top are really to hang on the wall, I think I got them from Target last year when they were on sale. They work perfecting at holding the plastic craft containers from The Dollar Spot at Target. Not sure what will go in the dead space in the middle, but I'm sure I'll put it to good use.

I've never linked to any parties before, but thought I'd give it a try this time...

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

2 comments:

Sarah @ So Not Donna Reed said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The fabric buckets are too cute & I recognized the rain gutter project immediately - I have the same magazine and have been dying to try that project! :) The room looks GREAT! :)

Jaimie said...

The buckets are cool!