17 January 2011

The Zebra Bag

Gonna get back to blogging. As for the zebra bag, here's the story.

I have a student who saw the black bag I made for my mom.

bag_mom06

She loved it and kept saying she wanted a bag by me. The student organization I sponsor at work decided they wanted to do Secret Santa before we got out for Christmas break last month. She filled out her paper and included her favorite color as hot pink and that she loved zebra print. She also noted that she wanted a bag made by me. The student that drew her name asked if I would make her one that he could buy from me to give to her. I said yes. I had a fun time with this one.

More ruffles than the one I made my mom.

bag_zebra07

I also added some ribbon to the hot pink ruffles on the front.

bag_zebra03

The newest thing was an inside zipper with hot pink fabric inside.

bag_zebra05

I loved it, her Secret Santa loved it, and she loved it.

Since then I've been asked by a number of kids to make them similar bags. I also plan on making some for my new etsy store, Made by Lori. Currently the store just has headbands, pins, and some nifty bookmarks.

I'll be updating with pics from the homemade Christmas gifts I gave out this year later.

Shared at all my favorite Link Parties

4 comments:

Jen-CraftOManiac said...

UMMMM, I WANT!!!!! so totally darling, LOVE ANYTHING ZEBRA RUFFLED AND IN A "HAND BAG"... nuff said! SO LOVE IT. Jen

Kharlie Bug said...

That is delish!!!!!!

Christina @ AccomplishingMotherhood said...

Hot pink and ruffles, LOVE!!!
following now:)
Hopped over from the Sew Much Ado Party!
http://accomplishingmotherhood.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Love it!!!