07 February 2011

Isn't she lovely...

IMG_2434

IMG_2435

Pretty, right. The instant I saw them along with this...

IMG_2432

I knew I had to have them. I instantly could see a few really cute bags made out of both of the fabrics. I got out my calculator (cell phone) and calculated about how much they were per yard. They are both 60" x 84". That's over 2.33 yards each, so I decided that it was too good a deal to pass up. The problem? I have way too much fabric already (at least I know I'll be well stocked once I am actually able to sew and not have so much going on at work).

Also, you may recognize that lovely red clearance sticker. It calls to me every time I'm at Target. "But Target doesn't sell fabric," you say. You would be correct with that one.

It does however sell table clothes and sheets. That's what those two pretty little fabrics above are. They are 100% cotton, kinda feels like a lighter version of canvas. Not as heavy.

I have an addiction when it comes to clearance sheets from Target (and Goodwill) as well.
IMG_2437

The clearance sheet sets are a much better deal if you can get them when they are 50% to 75% off. You get a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and a pillow case. A lot more fabric than the table clothes. They also make a good fabric for bags. The black fabric in both of these bags is from clearance sheets from Target.

I know I can't be the only one that does this...at least I hope. And I do buy actual fabric (i.e. not sheets or table clothes) from normal fabric-buying locations (i.e. not Target or Goodwill), too.

No comments: