25 July 2011

"Tote"ally Awesome

I know, bad post title.

Finally got around to making something with the fabric I talked about here.



A co-worker asked for some bags for her granddaughters to be able to carry music to and from piano lessons. I came up with this tote with gathers at the bottom. I love the fabric colors and combinations and definitely plan on making more of these this size and some a little larger.



Simple little pocket in a solid shade hides inside both of them.



They fit a magazine perfectly so I think they'd also work well as a library or magazine tote. The finished version measures 13" tall by 11" wide. The strap drop is a little short, but I think it will be perfect for the little girls receiving them.

I think they adult version will be a little bigger with a bigger opening for the straps. I can't wait to make some more. *Light bulb moment* They would also make a good gift bag. Good thing I have some time before Christmas :)

Shared at all my favorite Link Parties

6 comments:

Kate said...

Very cute Idea. Thanks for sharing. I am visiting through your link on "Today's Creative Blog"

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am visiting via Today's Creative Blog.

This is a fantastic project! Thank you so much for sharing.

Happy Tuesday!

Deb said...

Lori, thanks so much for coming to visit my little part of Texas! So glad you did. I'm loving all your beautiful ideas on here. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to see what other fabulous ideas you come up with. Great to meet you!

Deb

Jennifer said...

These turned out great, I love the mix of fabrics you used. I pinned these on pinterest and featured you on my favorite things today :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-ive-been-pinning-today.html

Jenn said...

So cute!! I love your fabric choices. You should come and enter my cookbook giveaway! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/07/30-minute-rolls-and-giveaway.html

Janice@GypsyFarmGirl said...

Super cute! I love the colors of the fabric. This would also be great for carrying an iPad in!