22 August 2011

Nine.

Today marked the first day of my 9th year of teaching. I kept waiting for those first day jitters that I have had for the past 8, but they never came. I though maybe Sunday? Nope. Sunday night? Nope. This morning? Nope. They just weren't there. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.


Big girl by smoorenburg

So here are nine things I'm excited about this year (in no particular order).

1. New classes! I'm teaching Animation this year, which I have never taught before. I'm excited and nervous, but cannot wait to see the projects these kids come up with! I'm also teaching Audio Video Production, I taught a similar course for 7 years last year being the first I hadn't since I started teaching. Definitely glad to be teaching this one again.

2. Business Professionals of America. Nationals is in Chicago this year. I'd really love to keep our streak alive and make it 8 years in a row that we have qualifiers!

3. New computers! My lab got upgraded over the summer and since I'm a nerd, I'm giddy with excitement over using them.

4. No school for me. Even though I finished my last class in May, I graduated with my master's last weekend. I look forward to continuing my knowledge in educational technology even though my formal education is done.

5. New students. I have included a lot of new stuff on this list. I can't wait to see what these kids are capable of.

6. Old students. I'm lucky to teach multiple levels of courses and get some great kids as students again. I saw a lot of familiar faces today, which is always a good thing.

7. Learning. I learn every day from my students and am happy to do so.

8. Laughing. My favorite activity. There is not a day that goes by that something or someone doesn't make me laugh.

9. Waking up early. Ok, that's not something I'm really excited about but I think maybe the more I tell myself I love waking up early the more I'll believe it. :)

Here's to a great school year!


School Buses by alextakesphotos

No comments: