26 December 2011

do the robot

Last week I showed the reverse applique technique I tried on my nephews' Christmas present. Today I'm showing the second technique, a plain applique with knit fabrics and buttons. Knit is my favorite to use in applique because you don't have to worry about the fabric fraying.



I love robots and buttons. I created my own applique templates and created the following robots with cute button eyes and extra buttons. Feel free to download and use the templates below.


Robot 01.pdf


Robot 02.pdf


Robot 03.pdf


Linking up with some of my fave link parties:
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom
CraftOManiac
Me and My Boys
Sew Much Ado
Skip to My Lou
Sugar Bee Crafts
Tatertots & Jello
Today's Creative Blog

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Very very cute! Found you at Sugar Bee Crafts!

Ruby Jean said...

So very cute and Simple.. I have a few Blank T's laying around I will have to give this a try.. would love for you to stop in and share it here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-3-and-features/

Elise said...

Thanks for the templates- these are awesome! I actually have a plain black t-shirt I have been meaning to do something with for my son. This is perfect!

Hani@Craftionary said...

very cute idea. Love it! I was wondering if you would like to guest post over at my blog. It would be fun having you over. You can write to me at craftionary@gmail.com
Thanks
Hani

Unknown said...

I was soooo excited to do this tutorial for a gift, but your PDF link doesn't work anymore. :( Sad.