20 December 2011

reverse reverse

Homemade holiday started with making some shirts for my nephews. I bought each 3 shirts and decided to do different applique techniques on each for them.

The first thing I tried was the reverse applique. This is a technique I saw tutorialized by Katy (a fellow Aggie) over at her blog Sweet Verbena. I have been wanted to try this for myself for awhile. Now that I've done it, I will definitely be doing more. Super easy and really cute results.

Getting supplies set out (I realized doing this that I don't have enough boyish prints in my stash)


Pinned and ready to be sewn..


The end results...






One thing to note is to be careful on lighter colored shirts (like the white above) as your print may show through underneath. I'm still happy with how they all turned out.

Linking up with some of my fave link parties:
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom
Craft-O-Maniac
Me and My Boys
Sew Much Ado
Skip to My Lou
Sugar Bee Crafts
Tater Tots & Jello
Today's Creative Blog

1 comment:

Sparkling said...

I feel very dumb- why is this reverse applique? Are you sewing the letter with the piece of fabric intact and then cutting it away after you sew? I'm not sure what you did here.