20 January 2012

25 things you don't know about me

I love US Magazine and two of my favorite features are the 25 Things You Don't Know About Me and the What's In My Bag (which I plan to do soon).

I thought it would be fun to do my own. While I may have talked about some of these things before, some may be new. It also has given me a few ideas for future posts.

1. I have never broken a bone and never had surgery, but have had stitches way too many times to count...knocking on wood right now...

2. I do sudoku puzzles in pen.

3. I never leave the house without a ponytail holder (NOT a scrunchi) and chap stick.

4. I have naturally curly hair, but straightened it until college. I still straighten it every now and then.

Straight hair and sunshine in Reno.

5. I hate coffee. Hate the smell. Hate the taste. Just gross.

6. I have lived in Texas my entire life, but don't own a pair of cowboy boots.

7. I get up before 5:00 a.m. on work days.

8. I love cheesy pop songs and movies (see #12).

9. I have a birthmark.

10. Texas A&M is the only college I applied to and only college I ever wanted to attend. I bleed maroon. Gig 'em!

Stephanie, me, Tracie, Leslie, & Nesyha at Junior E-Walk.

11. Sarcasm is my second language...I speak it fluently.

12. I think Grease 2 is better than the original...I know, it's blasphemy.

13. I have never traveled out of the country.

14. I taught myself how to sew two years ago.

15. I have a friend, Tracie, that I've known for 32 years...and we are both 32.

Tracie & I at the Houston Rodeo.

16. When I was little I always wanted to "help" my cousins open their presents...Sorry Sara & Lisa :)

17. I'm self diagnosed OCD.

18. I'm afraid of large bodies of water and dislike boats. I just recently had a nightmare involving both of these things, I was not a happy camper when I woke up. Don't even get me started on this whole cruise ship sinking thing.

19. Bear in the Big Blue house was a favorite show of mine freshman year of college.

20. When I was younger I was obsessed with Christopher Pike books. I re-read one about a year ago, still good and still creeped me out.

21. I like singing and making up weird songs for no reason.

22. I met my best friend Neysha for the first time when my toilet overflowed in my dorm room sophomore year...she was my RA. Thank goodness for broken toilets.

Neysha and I in New York.

23. I could eat Chick-fil-A everyday, keyword is could. Definitely not should or do.

24. I love gossip magazines.

25. I watch way too many reality TV shows. Recently a friend asked me if there was a reality TV show I don't watch. Yes, there are, but I've probably seen most of them at least once. :)

What are some things that others may not know about you? If you do a blog post about it, share the link in a comment!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Loved reading these previously unknown facts about you!! And #12, really?! REALLY??? Blasphemy indeed.

You are an amazing teacher, and I'm actually not talking about the classroom - though I'm sure you're fabulous there too. As an owner of one of your handmade items, you really know how to sew!!

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

tara said...

how can you not own a pair of cowboy boots?! thats so anti-texas! ;)