16 January 2012

baby it's cold outside

So my best friend Neysha had two yards of flannel fabric. Someone had gotten it and they used it as a table cloth at one of her baby showers. She asked me to make a couple of blankets with it.

She asked me to do this about a month ago.

I procrastinated.

I will say that the procrastination paid off.

Before going over to their house on Sunday to watch the Texans game (which didn't turn out so well for the Texans), I finished the blankets off with a cute little letter A for their cute little baby A :)

One blanket got topped with a knit yellow A that looks a tad orange in the picture below...



The second was topped with a brown and white small print fabric. On this one I tried a new stitch. It took a little longer, but I love the look and I know the fabric won't fray.



I hope little mister continues to enjoy his blankets. They were easy to make and turned out so cute! I can't wait to make more and possibly add different appliques or some rickrack on the edges!

I was a busy bee this weekend and also made a number of cute tie onesies, a robot onesie, and some burp clothes that I will be sharing soon!

Did you get anything checked off on your to-do list this weekend?

Linking up with some of my fave link parties:
Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy
CraftOManiac
Family Ever After...
I Heart Nap Time
Let Birds Fly
Me and My Boys
Sew Much Ado
Skip to My Lou
Sugar Bee Crafts
Thirty Handmade Days
Today's Creative Blog
Whipperberry

4 comments:

Amy Powell said...

Those turned out adorable! I'm sure your friend loved them!

And poor Texans :(

Bloggymom said...

Cute blanket. Love the letter on the blanket.

Just Jaime said...

How adorable!

Greetings from Texas! said...

These are super cute! Well done!