24 January 2012

got your tie?

I had a friend recently order some baby boy tie onesies with matching burp clothes. I was definitely excited because I love making these.



Best and worst part though? Fabric. While I have some manly boy fabric, I don't have a ton. So it was off to Jo-Ann I went.



While it is easy to find boy fabric online, it is a lot harder to find it in person at fabric stores. Even neutral fabrics are tough. Houndstooth?  Navy & Green? LOVE IT! Can't wait to make more with it.



I had some stripe fabric left over from this project, so I made one set using it.



I used a different stitch, like I did on the baby blankets.



I'm happy with the results. These are such a cute baby gift...if I do say so myself :) Since I also love pictures, here are two more all wrapped up and ready to go!





Hope whoever ends up receiving these enjoys them!

Linking up with some of my fave link parties:
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom
CraftOManiac
Family Ever After
I Heart Naptime
Me and My Boys
Sew Much Ado
Skip to My Lou
Sugar Bee Crafts
Tatertots & Jello
Thirty Handmade Days
Today's Creative Blog
Whipperberry

5 comments:

CraftyCupcake13 said...

These are soooo cute! Thanks for sharing.. found you on Craft-o-Maniac's blog!! I'm your newest follower! xoxoxo

Lilli
Onestopbabygifts.blogspot.com

Greetings from Texas! said...

Love those! And your "made by Lori" tags are great too. I will keep you in mind next time I need a baby gift! =)

Deana said...

Too cute.....I'd like to invite you to share this @ CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party
going on now-Sunday night……Have a wonderful weekend!

Life: Designed said...

I love love LOVE these!! Are these available on your etsy shop?? I couldn't find them there.
Nancy
http://alifedesigned.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

This idea and your blog are so awesome! I would LOVE for you to link this up to my link party!
Thanks!

- Kathryn
http://www.destinationcraft.blogspot.com/2012/01/destination-cutesy-monday_30.html