Valentine's day is right around the corner. This weekend I got an idea for a new fabric accessory and decided to do a quick tutorial.
Pins, elastic, etc (depending on if you want this to be a headband or a pin)
1. Print the supplied template and trace either half of the heart on a fold or the entire heart on the fabric. I trace the entire heart so I can get more bang for my buck on my scraps.
2. Stack the fabrics staggered in size. I did a 4 piece and a 3 piece set. I think it would look even better with more as they fray out (if you don't want yours to fray, you can add a simple zigzag stitch to the edges).
3. Place one felt circle UNDER the stack.
4. Using a zigzag stitch, sew the pieces together down the middle, leaving some room at the top and bottom.
5. Your done! So easy and super cute. Add it to a headband, elastic, pin, or hair clip for some a fun Valentine's Day accessory!
Can't wait to try these with other fabrics and with more in a stack! Please post a link if you try them!
Linking up with some of my fave link parties:
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom
Family Ever After
I Heart Naptime
Me and My Boys
Sew Much Ado
Skip to My Lou
Sugar Bee Crafts
Today's Creative Blog