31 January 2012

valentine's pin tutorial

Valentine's day is right around the corner. This weekend I got an idea for a new fabric accessory and decided to do a quick tutorial.



Supplies
Scrap fabric
Thread
Heart Template
Felt circles
Pins, elastic, etc (depending on if you want this to be a headband or a pin)



Directions
1. Print the supplied template and trace either half of the heart on a fold or the entire heart on the fabric. I trace the entire heart so I can get more bang for my buck on my scraps.



2. Stack the fabrics staggered in size. I did a 4 piece and a 3 piece set. I think it would look even better with more as they fray out (if you don't want yours to fray, you can add a simple zigzag stitch to the edges).
3. Place one felt circle UNDER the stack.



4. Using a zigzag stitch, sew the pieces together down the middle, leaving some room at the top and bottom.





5. Your done! So easy and super cute. Add it to a headband, elastic, pin, or hair clip for some a fun Valentine's Day accessory!



Can't wait to try these with other fabrics and with more in a stack! Please post a link if you try them!


Linking up with some of my fave link parties:
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom
CraftOManiac
Family Ever After
I Heart Naptime
Me and My Boys
Sew Much Ado
Skip to My Lou
Sugar Bee Crafts
Today's Creative Blog

2 comments:

Miriam@BeBookBound said...

Oh these are so precious! And I would love to try some of the fabrics I have. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rach H said...

These are darling!!! Thanks for linking up at Once Upon a Weekend last week. You're being featured tonight!