15 February 2012

dear pinterest...


It's Wednesday, so it's time to link up with Michelle over at The Vintage Apple! You can follow me on Pinterest here.


I have 14 boards, almost 1,000 pins, and nearly 100 likes. This could take a while.


When I first started pinning on Pinterest (almost a year ago...CRAZY!), I was very careful to make sure that anything I pinned linked back directly to the original blog post. Also tried not to pin directly from Etsy (especially to DIY type boards). I am the first to admit I have become lax the more I have pinned and the more I have repinned from others. 

I'm working my way through my boards, pins, and likes to make sure that everything links back to the original site, that nothing is linking from tumblr or google, and that nothing on my DIY or inspiration type boards comes from Etsy. 

I wouldn't like people pinning my Etsy goods as "inspiration" for their own stuff, so I shouldn't do it to others. I also want others to pin directly from my site, so I'm going to make sure I'm doing the same for others.

I stress intellectual property and copyright law to my kiddos, so I want to make sure I'm setting a good example...even here.

It's gonna take a while, but I can do it...and so can you! Join Link with Love's Pinterest Project and check out A Love Life's Best Practices for Pinning.

Are you in?

4 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

I just saw this pin and never even thought twice about linking back to the orignal source. I dont know why I just didnt. But I am fully aware and will be doing it from now on. Shame on me huh?

xo,
Cher
http://www.naptimeisthenewhappyhour.com

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I'm in! I pinned that same Linked With Love pin too! You can also help spread the word by putting one of their buttons on your blog!

SimplyHeather said...

I saw this today and was going to put it in my pins but didn't! But I'm glad your spreading the awareness of this though!

http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Al said...

Darlin you are SO right. I have about a million pins, so this might take me awhile...I'm going to, though!!

Thanks for bringing a sense of awareness. As an English teacher, I'm always teaching copyright and works cited issues...

Have a great day!

Al @ Traffic Jelly