12 March 2012

the moment i realized i was a grownup...

June 2009. I closed on my first home and moved in. A definite "grownup" moment. I was 29 at the time and while there were moments before that definitely made me feel like an adult, nothing quite says grownup like a 30 year mortgage.

So what are some high points of home ownership?

Removing wallpaper from one of the previous owner's children's rooms was first on my to do list. Homeowner tip: NEVER put up wallpaper. If not for yourself, do it for the next owner of your home!



High point #2 was when the tile started cracking and popping up from the floor. Needless to say I had to have it replaced. I was nervous about the choice I made on color, but continue to be super happy with the results. Still haven't painted the walls OR the cabinets. Those still remain on my list of things to do.



And most recently (thanks to the Texas drought) I had to have 4 trees removed from my backyard. I miss those trees, but am happy with the look. I also can't wait to figure out what to do with the space now!



Thanks to the Idea Bank for this post idea!

When did you first realize you were a grownup?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Your house looks great on the inside! I think the moment I realized I was a grown up was when my apartment rent and student loan bills started rolling in, I lived in a dorm for 4 years during college so it hit me like a ton of bricks!

Charisa said...

I feel your pain with the wall paper! Been there and done that - what a chore stripping it! Everything looks great AND very adult like!

the lovebirds said...

ha ha- love this post. I don't know if I have realized I'm a grown up yet. I am hanging onto every ounce of being a young grown up. ;)