30 March 2012

what if I won the lottery?

As of now, tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is worth $640 million...that's $640,000,000. That's a lot of money. If you take the lump sum after taxes that is more than $300 million. That's crazy money.

Let's pretend I win.

Let's also pretend that I pay off all my debts (college loans, car, and house - though I'd probably upgrade that one) and all of my parents' debts.

Of course I'd buy other things, but top on my list after paying off debts would be to travel. And where would I go? Definitely to these fabulous locations...





Good morning, Sydney by Henry Lee, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 2.0 License

Australia has always been one of the places I would love to go to. Beaches? Yes please. Those accents? Sure! Looks like a great place to travel to!


Bolotwa, South Africa by Randy OHC, available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 License

Safari through Africa? Definitely on the list!



Alaska - Klondike Highway - Mountain by blmiers2, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 2.0 License

My cousin lived in Alaska for a few years and unfortunately I never got to visit before she moved back to Texas. Alaska looks absolutely beautiful. An Alaskan cruise would be even better!



Palace of Westminster - London, England by Jim Trodel, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 License

England, especially London is one place that has been on my wish list for a while. With all that lotto money I could have a good time and a long stay, then travel around to other parts of Europe....like this next one...



Ireland Rock of Cashel by David Benavent, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 2.0 License

My #1 location that I want to visit before I die. Castles? Beautiful landscapes? My heritage? I will go there one day. Lotto money would make that so much easier ;)



Old Airport Beach, Kona, Hawaii by Steve Dunleavy, available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 License

Never been even though I've always wanted to go. With my lottery money I would be traveling all over those islands...especially to the black sand beach. Heaven.



Mykonos Greece by Mr G's Travels, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 License

Last, but not least is Greece. All the history in this country would be amazing to see. The gorgeous landscapes and beaches wouldn't hurt either!


If you won the big prize where would you travel?

By the way, I used the Seventies Photoshop Action created by Pioneer Woman on all of these photos.

2 comments:

Christina said...

My husband and I have been talking about this all week. We'd buy a bigger house here, an apartment in NYC and a flat in London!

tara said...

i was planning on writing a post like this for next week! :) i'd want to do a lot of traveling too!