10 April 2012

10 years? really?

This weekend while driving to my grandmother's house, Nick Cannon was listing the top 5 songs from 10 years ago. It hit me that it's been 10 years since I graduated from college.

10 years? Seriously? Time has flown by and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Ten years ago at this time I was enjoying my last few months of college. Going to concerts, hanging out with friends, and doing some studying every now and then.


Tony Lucca (hope you are voting for him on The Voice!) and me in Dallas, March 2002

I didn't have any job prospects. All I knew is that after graduation I'd be moving back home.

Am I where I thought I'd be? Definitely not. Never in a million years did I think I would be a high school teacher...let alone one at my old high school.

Am I happy where I am? Absolutely. I love my job. I love house. I love my family. I love my friends.

Could things be better? Of course, but things could be a whole lot worse and I remind myself that every day.

Where were you 10 years ago? Are you where you thought you'd be?

2 comments:

Christina said...

I graduated from college 10 years ago too and didn't even realize that until I read this post. Oh man, that was a long time ago. Hahah!

Brandy said...

I was just thinking about this the other day! It's been nine years since I graduated college and the years have flown by.