13 April 2012

book club friday

I just finished Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler.

Synopsis of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang from Amazon.com:
"Life doesn't get more hilarious than when Chelsea Handler takes aim with her irreverent wit. Who else would send all-staff emails to smoke out the dumbest people on her show? Now, in this new collection of original essays, the #1 bestselling author of Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea delivers one laugh-out-loud moment after another as she sets her sights on the ridiculous side of childhood, adulthood, and daughterhood. 

Wikipedia
Family moments are fair game, whether it's writing a report on Reaganomics to earn a Cabbage Patch doll, or teaching her father social graces by ordering him to stay indoors. It's open season on her love life, from playing a prank on her boyfriend (using a ravioli, a fake autopsy, and the Santa Monica pier) to adopting a dog so she can snuggle with someone who doesn't talk. And everyone better duck for cover when her beach vacation turns into matchmaking gone wild. Outrageously funny and deliciously wicked, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang"

My review:
I've read Chelsea's other books and have seen her show. If you haven't, please be forewarned that she is raunchy and inappropriate at times. That being said, she is also hilarious. While this book wasn't quite as funny as My Horizontal Life or Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea, it definitely has its moments of hilarity.

This one includes a lot of stories that make her ex Ted (head of the E! network) look like a complete idiot and make her look completely crazy in the process. Poor guy. Tricking him into believing she accidentally killed a dog, that said dog then had to have an autopsy, and a dog funeral on Santa Monica Pier? I died while reading this chapter. Did I mention I was waiting to get my oil changed? I'm sure the people in the waiting room thought I was completely nuts!

I'd recommend it to anyone who is a Chelsea Handler fan.

I'm linking up with Heather and Megan for Book Club Friday.


What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

jennie said...

I agree with you. This one was funny but it was no Horizontal Life. I haven't read the one from her friend's perspectives but it's on my list! Happy Friday! :)

Erin said...

I've had these on my list to read for forever- and just started "Are you there Vodka?" I almost fell out of my pool chair because I was laughing so hard...by myself.

Kyetra said...

I just love Chelsea! I just came over from Book Club Friday and I am you newest follower. ;0

Wiz said...

I havent read any of her books but need to! They sound right up my alley!

Amber said...

I loooove Chelsea Handler. I've read all her books and she never disappoints :)

Heather said...

I just read Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me and I can't believe all of the stunts she gets away with!

Amy Powell said...

I absolutely loved this book! It was so much fun to read :)

hope you had a great weekend!

{I have a giveaway going on right now & I'd love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

Sarah E. said...

I didn't think Are You There Vodka and this one were blow-me-away great. They were alright. Lies Chelsea Handler Told Me is SO funny and I did love My Horizontal Life too (:

Christina said...

I love all of her books, but I feel like they get progressively worse. She just keeps trying to out-do herself.