09 April 2012

what could have been...

It's nearing the end of the school year and I have been working on figuring out what my kiddos are going to do for the rest of the year. I'm so excited about all of the projects we are doing in each of the classes I teach.

This is an assignment idea I came across for Audio Video Production a few years ago and have been wanting to do it ever since. This year, we are. My kids start it this week. Can't wait to share their results!

Recut movie trailers! You take a movie and create a new trailer making the film into a different genre.

Here are some of my favorites...

Sleepless in Seattle as a Thriller


The Shining as a Romantic Comedy


The Notebook as a Thriller


Mary Poppins as a Thriller


People like to make thriller movie trailers apparently. You can find more of those than any other.

Next year I think this may become a beginning of the year activity so they can practice more with the editing software. I can't wait to see what all the kids come up with.

Have you seen recut movie trailers before on YouTube? What are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

Kristen Danielle said...

Is it sad to say that I've never heard of re-cut movie trailers? I'll have to check these videos out when I'm on my home computer.

Best of luck to your kiddos!!

xoxo
Kristen

Christina said...

I’ve seen Mary Poppins and Sleepless in Seattle. I think Mary is the best! What a fun project. I hope you share their final edits!

Malo said...

The Shining as a romantic comedy, wow! Thanks for sharing this.