12 June 2012

blogger meetup

I haven't been able to make it to a H-Town Blogger meetup since December. The days just never seem to work out. When I realized I would be able to make it to the June meetup AND that it was going to be at Pinot's Palette Galleria, I was PUMPED!

I have been wanting to go to one of these painting parties for awhile. Painting AND hanging out with some of my favorite bloggers? Score! The meetup started at 6:00 but most of us arrived about an hour before so we could mingle and catch up before the actual painting started.

I sat across from Jennifer and Darby and next to Faison (so glad to finally meet her!)

Pinot's is awesome. You can bring your own beverages and snacks. They supply plates, napkins, silverware, glasses, and complimentary water. Really all we had to do was show up!

I'm definitely no artist and cannot draw at all, so I was a little nervous about how my painting would turn out. Luckily, you don't have to be too artistically inclined because the teacher is awesome. She stepped us through each of the parts of the painting making it EXTREMELY easy!


During the painting time we had mini breaks to paint, mingle, snack, and drink as needed. It was definitely a laid back atmosphere that was great. I had to take note of the music selection, which was a good mix of mellow and upbeat. We all got pretty pumped when this song came on.

Also on my row were Bri, Rochelle, Kristen, Lura, and Whitney!

After we were done, we mingled some more to let our paintings dry then took our group photo!

Image from Meg (so happy to finally meet her too!). I'm on the bottom right.

Overall, the Pinot's Palette Galleria experience was a great time and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone! Check out their available classes, they do public and private parties, here. The staff at the Galleria location was great! You can follow them on Twitter to get all the latest updates!

Currently they are having a contest to help select a charity to support for the Art Tasting national charity contest. Every fall Pinot's Palette hosts the Art Tasting charity event at their studios where guests come and enjoy an open house. All proceeds will be split between a national and local charities. This year it will be held the weekend of September 14th. Go to their Facebook page to vote on for your favorite charity! The contest runs throughout the month of June and they will announce the winner in July.

My completed artwork!

It was so great seeing ladies I haven't seen since December and it was great finally meeting in person some of the ladies that I've been tweeting and reading blogs. Since this was the largest meetup yet, it was also great meeting some new ladies and finding a ton of new blogs to follow!

Check everyone out via the link-up below!



8 comments:

Meghan @ Shine On said...

Ok, seriously! All of these posts about this meet-up are making me SO jealous. Looks like so much fun!

xox,
Meghan

Meg O. said...

I am so happy we finally got to meet!! Wasn't it just a blast?! I can't get over how fun it was!!!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

It was great to meet you, albeit briefly! Your painting turned out beautifully! Nice work! I hope I can REALLY talk to you at the next meet-up!

Christina said...

That is awesome! I love the picture of you all with your paintings. I think its so cool that you can bring your own food and drink! What a fun place!

tara said...

ahh it was a blast! i'm already wanting to go back!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Your painting turned out great girl! I'm so glad I finally got to meet you! I hope we can both make it to the next meeting as well :-)

Bri Buzali said...

It was great to finally meet you, can't wait for the next one! And, did you change your blog layout? I'm loving it!

The Nerdy Katie said...

I had so much fun, hopefully we can talk more at the next meet up!