29 June 2012

flawless

I finished Flawless by Sara Shepard, the second book in the Pretty Little Liars series a few weeks ago. Time for a review.


Synopsis from Amazon.com:
Four pretty little liars have been very bad girls.

Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. But their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.

And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive.


My review:
I'm still enjoying this series, though I am a fan of the TV show. There are some differences that are slightly getting on my nerves. Most notably are the physical descriptions of the girls (hair color, complexion, etc). While the book describes them one way, I picture the actor playing them. None is more confusing than Emily. Emily is described as a red-headed Irish girl. Shay Mitchell, the actress that plays her? Not so much. She also has siblings in book and is an only child on the show. So when they mention Carolyn I get confused. Lol. Also, Aria & Sean? Seriously?!

I think the more I read the books the more I will separate them from the TV series. They are definitely still good quick reads. Just started book 3!


I'm linking up with Heather and Katie for Book Club Friday.


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

Brie said...

I love the book series and the show!. I'm currently on book 11 of the series. There are a lot of differences between the two but i like them both!

Heather said...

I somehow still haven't read these OR watched the show! It sounds so good.

Shoshanah said...

I've never seen the show or read the books, but from everything I've seen, I'm sure I'd love them both if I gave them a chance.

Amy G. said...

I've read all 8 of the books and I love the show. But they are SO VERY DIFFERENT! It's kind of frustrating, but since I've read the books the show still has some twists and turns which keeps me drawn in!