19 June 2012

[guest blog] pinterest inspired

While I'm enjoying Disney this week, a few of my favorite bloggers have come to visit! Today Christina from Christina's Pop Life is filling in for me. We "met" while live tweeting Real World/Road Rules Battle of the Exes Challenge. She's my pop culture sister! Take it away Christina!
Hey there, friends of Lori! I blog over at Christina’s Pop Life where I talk about all things pop culture: books, movies, fashion, music, television, Hollywood hunks and celebrity gossip. While Lori is having fun (and making me jealous) at Disney World and Universal Studios, I’m going to try to fill her crafty shoes. I am pretty terrible. I can’t cook, bake, sew, knit, paint, draw, or really even cut a straight line. I'm not creative or imaginative and while I love fashion, I don't have any personal style. I’m really, really good at cleaning though, so my husband hasn’t traded me in yet. Despite this, I love Pinterest. I kinda hate it too though. This is bascially what I think of it:


And here's what my husband thinks of it:


But really, I do love it. I like to see what people create. I like to dream about how my house would look if I didn't have two little boys. And I like to get inspiration, even if I don't do anything with it. I've been pinning for over a year, but just recently started making some simple things. Take a look. And please, don't be jealous of my masterpieces. Important Dates Print You don't get the full effect because I blurred out some of the dates, but you can see what I was going for. It shows Jacob’s birthday, my birthday, our wedding anniversary, and then Nolan's and Milo's birthdays. Now there's no excuse for Jacob to forget!


Yarn Wreath This was kind of a pain. It took me 3 1/2 hours and I don’t even like the way it turned out. It needs more flowers or something. The yarn was a nice coral color in the store, but when it’s on my front door it looks totally red. Bummer. I'm still not thrilled with it, but I'm way to lazy to make another one.


I Love You Because... This is a simple and cute way to show each other how much we appreciate the little things. Just write on it with a dry erase pen. Can you guess how many times Jacob has used it? (zero)


Bucket List I usually keep a summer to-do list in a notebook somewhere, but I like being able to display it. It reminds us to go out and play and it's fun for Nolan to check things off.


Jewelry Display I decided not to go with a traditional pin board because I don't have many bracelets or earrings. Instead I used a photo ledge from Ikea with some hooks from Lowe's. It works!


Chore chart We wanted something simple for Nolan since he's only three, but we like the idea of starting him on "chores" and letting him earn rewards. If he completes everything in a day, he gets a quarter for his piggy bank. We've been using this chart for three weeks now. He's only earned 75 cents. I gotta get on that!


So, yeah. I'm nowhere near as talented as Lori and these aren't really that impressive. I basically just printed some things out and put them in a cheap frame. But I am trying! That means something, right?

Christina’s Pop Life

I think Christina is selling herself short! I love all of these...especially that wreath. I haven't even tackled a yarn wreath yet (as the supplies sit collecting dust in my room)! Go check out her blog and say hi!

5 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Christina is so creative! I need to get on the ball and try some of these crafts out - too cute :)

Jen said...

I love the dates craft and the chore chart. I need to start doing more of my pins.

Conry Lavis said...

Nice article. good to see and read also. keep it up.

buy pinterest followers

Christina said...

Thanks for having me!

James Ron said...

Nicely done. keep it up.
Buy Pinterest Followers