05 June 2012

pretty little liars

Be still my teenybopper heart. Pretty Little Liars returns tonight...along with Rizzoli & Isles AND Franklin & Bash...needless to say my DVR will be on overdrive.

This week I finished the first book of the series.


Image Source

Synopsis from Amazon.com:
Gossip thrives amid the Mercedes-Benzes, mega mansions, and perfectly manicured hedges in the exclusive town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania. Behind their big Gucci sunglasses, beneath their perfectly pressed Polos, everyone has something to hide, especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. Spencer covets her sister's gorgeous new boyfriend. Aria is having an affair with her English teacher. Emily is infatuated with the new girl at school. And Hanna is using some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. Deeper and darker still is a horrible secret the girls have shared since sixth grade—a secret they thought was safe forever.

Then the girls start receiving threatening messages signed by someone named "A." Could "A" be Alison, the ultra-popular girl who disappeared three years earlier? Alison was their best friend. She knew everything about them. But if Alison isn't "A," who is? And how could anyone else know so much about the bad girls they were and the bad girls they've become? Suddenly, their secrets—the big ones, the little ones, even the long-buried ones—no longer seem so secret. Suddenly, nothing is safe in Rosewood.


My review:
If you love the show you'll love the book. I'm on the waiting list for Book 2. I think I found quite a few books to read this summer considering there are 10 out now, with an extra book out. The 11th comes out this month.

Definitely a quick read, I finished this one in two days. There are some differences between the show and the book, though mainly details that don't seem to matter much. The descriptions of the girls don't match the actresses that play that, but that's ok. A few other differences but it doesn't take away from the book as a whole. Can't wait to read the next one.

I'm linking up with Heather and Katie for Book Club Friday.



Please tell me I'm not the only one addicted to this show! Have you read the books?

7 comments:

Dani said...

I have them all in the library if you would like for me to check them out to you. I can put them in your box today.

Dani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tara said...

i've been wanting to read these books!

Abbey said...

I didn't know these were books! I've never watched he show, but I bet I would love the books. :)

Christina said...

I forgot all about these books. I just might have to read them too! Do they reveal things faster than the show?

Shoshanah said...

I've never read these books, or even seen an episode of the show. I do think I'd really enjoy both, but I'm not sure that I need another obsession.

Sarah E. said...

I made fun of my SIL for watching the show and then she told me that it was based on books and I was like *gasp* MUST. GET. BOOKS. LOL I may never see the show - ABC Family has gotten so overly cheesy, but I do want to read the books. SIL said they were really good!