24 January 2013

change

Time to get a little deep.

Today marks six months since I started my new job. I can honestly say that deciding to make a change in my career was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Change is something that is scary...really scary. But...it can also be fantastic.

Back in May when I decided to start actively looking for a new position outside of the classroom, I was really just looking to see what was out there...to see if there were any openings. I told myself I would see what was there, interview, and see what happened.

After the first interview I went on, I knew that this was something I really wanted. Really. Really. Wanted. I didn't get that job, but it was a blessing in disguise...though it didn't seem like it at the time.



It made me realize that I really was ready to leave the classroom and pursue this new position. I applied to other places and am so happy I have ended up where I am.

I love routine. Love it. At least I thought I did. Really...I just like a schedule. I have that with my new job, but it is in no way a routine. Every day is different. I'm at a different location, whether its the office or a school (elementary, junior high, or high school) and working with different people. Helping teachers and students with technology is my passion.

I love learning. With this job I learn something new almost every. single. day.

While I miss my old co-workers and students, I couldn't be happier with my decision. I'm definitely lucky everything has worked out for me. I know that it could be bad. I could hate my job. But I don't, and I am so thankful for that.

Thankful every. single. day.






2 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

I love it when you get to speak directly from the heart. I'm so glad that even after 6 months you still feel like you made a great decision :-)

Christina said...

Yay! I'm so glad you took a chance and it worked out for the best! That's the most awesome feeling!