02 January 2013

goals...not resolutions.

Happy new year and all that jazz!

The new year brings with it resolutions...though I'm not a huge fan of them and hardly ever make them.

Goals on the other hand? I'm definitely a fan. Dictionary.com defines goal as the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end. 

So here are a few specific things I plan to direct some effort at this year...

Health
1. Cleaner eating. More veggies. Fewer refined foods including wheat-based foods. I'm still trying to find the best fit for me. Atkins made me feel great earlier in the year with some great weight loss benefits. I'm currently looking into other choices like Primal and Paleo eating. More to come on this topic for sure.

2. No soda. None, including those of the diet variety. It's not good for me, so it's gone. Goes hand-in-hand with numero uno above.

3. Try at least 1 new food a month. I'm pretty picky, especially when it comes to veggies. I need to be more adventurous with my food choices. This past year I added roasted broccoli and cauliflower with awesome results, so I know there are more good food finds out there for me.

Blogging
1. Post at least 3 times a week. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again because I love having  this space to write about and share whatever I want.

2. Blog re-design by the end of the year. Pretty self-explanatory.

Other
1. Read at least 1 book a month. Whatever the topic, I just need to read again. I've put it on the back burner. Not this year.

And because no post is complete without a picture, here's my lunch from today...



YUM!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Will you come make lunch for me?! Yum is right! That looks delicious. Also, I love that you're doing "goals" not "resolutions! It seems a little less forced and challenging that way!

Christina said...

Love the new blog look! You can already cross one thing off your list! I really need to try one new food a month too. That's a good one. I'm so stuck in my ways. Delicious lunch!