I picked up some green peppers and purple onions along with a few other things. Since I still have a ton of venison sausage in the freezer, I decided to make some sausage, peppers, and onions! I started out with this recipe but made a few changes as seen below.
- 12 oz. sausage (any type you like, I used Jalepeno and Cheese Venison sausage)
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (next time I will probably use 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray. I used a 2 1/2 quart Pyrex dish, but you could also use an 8-inch square pan.
- Cut your sausage into chunks.
- Put sausage, pepper, and onions in dish.
- Top with the olive oil and seasonings then toss everything around so it is all well coated.
- Cover with foil and cut a few slits in the top
- Bake for 50 minutes, the last 10 minutes take the foil cover off.
It was delicious! I will definitely be making this again. Next time I may add some red pepper flakes to give it a little more kick. I used Jalapeno and Cheese venison and it could have used a little more heat.
I will also be using my lovely vintage Pyrex casserole dishes I got myself for Christmas. They match my mixing bowls and I LOVE them!
Have you tried any new recipes recently?